Each year I look forward to the latest Education Guide from the Atlanta Business Chronicle to see how each school’s test scores changed from the previous year. The scores on my blog will be updated to reflect the latest scores for all the school districts featured here, but here’s a preview of Fulton County’s High Schools ranked by SAT scores. To receive the new edition of the Education Guide, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a mailing address and I’ll be glad to get one in the mail to you.
Jan 23, 2013, 11:39am EST
Fulton County public high schools ranked by SAT score
- Jacques Couret
- Senior Online Editor- Atlanta Business Chronicle
Who tests the best in the metro?
Atlanta Business Chronicle’s annual Education Guide hits newsstands on Friday, Jan. 25, and it will certainly shed a lot of light on metro schools. But we also have some data that you will only get online. We will publish high school SAT scores by region so you can see the best and worst performers.
Today, we take a look at Fulton County public high schools:
- Northview High School — 1,769
- Johns Creek High School — 1,729
- Milton High School — 1,681
- Roswell High School – 1,677
- Chattahoochee High School — 1,674
- Alpharetta High School — 1,660
- Riverwood International Charter School — 1,631
- Centennial High School — 1,582
- North Springs High School — 1,459
- Independence High School –1,377
- Westlake High School — 1,316
- Tri-Cities High School — 1,299
- Creekside High School — 1,250
- Langston Hughes High School — 1,231
- Frank McClarin High School — 1,198
- Banneker High School — 1,160
For high schools, we show the mean scores for the SAT of the 2012 senior class. This score is calculated by using the student’s most recent test administration. The highest possible score is 2,400.
Source: Governor’s Office of Student Achievement